One of the things I love about blogging is getting to know other bloggers and I was excited to discover (back in January – yes, I am a slacker!) that the awesome blogger behind 1 Year of Single nominated me for The Sunshine Award.
What is The Sunshine Award?
Despite a fair amount of surfing, I’m still not sure how The Sunshine Award got started or the exact rules — information varies depending on what you read. What I have learned is “the award is given to those who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” And, that they were created to give bloggers a chance to recognize other bloggers, as well as to share a bit more about themselves. Here are the steps to accept a The Sunshine Award:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to his/her website. Thanks 1 Year of Single.
- Share 11 random facts about myself.
- Present 11 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere” with The Sunshine Award.
- There is another step about questions – to both answer and ask – but since the “question aspect” wasn’t presented to me in my initial nomination, I am leaving this part out….but I encourage those bloggers I have nominated to include as they “pay it forward.”
I hope to fulfill the requirements of this award properly, but I don’t follow directions too well (just ask my son’s kindergarten teacher). I’m going to give it the old college try….here goes:
11 Random Things About Me
- I am married to the brother of one of my best friends. Second marriages for both of us but THIS time it really is ‘till death do us part.
- I have five children – three from my first marriage and two beautiful stepdaughters. I am truly blessed. Times five.
- You couldn’t pay me to eat blue cheese, cream cheese or yogurt.
- I have three tattoos. I plan on getting another one soon.
- I am so proud to be an American and always cry when I hear Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA.”
- I have never seen The Goonies. Or The Lost Boys. Or Caddyshack. I am a disgrace to my generation. *hangs her head in shame*
- I have been at the same public relations job since I graduated college (with the exception of three maternity leaves – some a little longer than others). I love my job and the people I work with.
- Despite #7, I wish I went to school to be a nurse. I would have been a great nurse.
- I have the best family and friends in the world. I love you. I appreciate you. I wouldn’t know the true meaning of laughter without you.
- I like to have a plan and to be in control. I have a hard time asking for help (but am lucky enough that my friends and family know when to give it to me).
- I have a terrible voice, though that does not prevent me from randomly breaking into song at the sound of a trigger word (example: If someone said the word “butt” I would belt out “I like big butts and I cannot lie….no other brother can deny, etc.)
My 11 Nominees…All Worth Reading
My nominees are a combination of social media blogging friends and those I admire from afar. They write on a wide range of topics but are all hilarious and will make you smile. There are literally dozens of bloggers I would recommend reading, so I kept this list to those who are “THISCLOSE” to reaching 1K fans on Facebook (since I don’t know what their blog readerships are). Drumroll, please…The not-in-any-particular-order bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere” (and more importantly, make me laugh!) in my eyes are: *links are to the Facebook pages; blog web address listed next to it.
- Outmanned www.outmannedmommy.com
- Dried-on Milk www.driedonmilk.com
- Lisa Newlin-Seriously www.lisanewlin.com
- Something Clever 2.0 www.somethingclever2point0.com
- Big Top Family www.bigtopfamily.com
- Her Royal Thighness www.royalthighness.com
- Carisa Miller – Do You Read Me? www.carisamiller.com
- Keeper of the Fruit Loops www.keeperofthefruitloops.blogspot.com
- 649.133: Girls, the Care and Raising of. www.649point133.com
- Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine with My Morning Quiet Time? www.canigetanotherbottleofwhine.com
- I Make Myself The Queen www.imakemyselfthequeen.com
Thanks again, 1 Year of Single. I appreciate the nomination (sorry it took so long for me to acknowledge).
Blog on, friends.