Who has time to go to the movies anymore? Not me. Well that’s not entirely true. I did just recently get to see Frozen and The Lego Movie (Everything is Awesome!). And the kids tell me the new Muppet Movie is out next month, and we “have to go.” Ok, I admit it, I want to see it!
In the spirit of the Oscars this weekend (Sunday, March 2), I am bringing back the classics featuring MY favorite movies of all time – especially since I have NO IDEA which movies are nominated this year (unless they announce the nominees during an episode of SpongeBob, it’s doubtful I would have ever heard the news).
Check out my list of all-time favorite (BONUS: you get some of my favorite quotes, too). Do you have any of the same movies on your most-loved list? How about favorite quotes? Here goes mine. Annnnnd…Action!
- Clueless – Let’s do a lap before we commit to a location.
- Mean Girls – Stop trying to make ‘Fetch’ happen.
- Rudy – This is for Rudy.
- SuperBad – Fo sho!
- Shawshank Redemption – Get busy living or get busy dying.
- Sixteen Candles – I can’t believe I gave my panties to a geek.
- The Breakfast Club – Chicks can’t hold their smoke.
- Stand By Me – I dropped the comb.
- Pretty Woman – Cinda-f%!kin-rella
- Fight Club – The first rule of Fight Club, is there is no Fight Club.
- Titanic – You shine up like a new penny.
Other favorites (that I don’t quote in conversations on a regular basis) are Bridesmaids, Forest Gump, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Seven, Argo, Enemy of the State, Bachelorette Party, Saving Private Ryan, Silence of the Lambs, Pitch Perfect and The Longest Yard.
What are your favorites? Oh and please, pass the popcorn.