1) You don’t “start your car” … you “crank it.” And in the grocery store, you push along your “buggy” … not your shopping cart. Fantastic.
2) A 350 person wedding can take place in your church meeting space on New Year’s Day and feature an college football game on a big screen projector – and all guests will walk away saying it is the best wedding they ever attended. Brilliant.
3) As a general rule of thumb, if someone is five years or more your senior, you are “Miss Leigh-Mary” or “Mr. so-and-so.” So sweet.
4) Homemade biscuits and squirrel gravy are so good. I’ll take your word for that one, honey.
5) I learned so much about the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Absolutely heartbreaking but equally as inspiring. This land, these people, this place…is amazing.
I have traveled to a fair amount of places here, there and everywhere for work and pleasure over the years. It surprises me, but inspires me, that my front runner favorite is M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I. Did you hear that ya’ all? (Side note: this may change following my 40th birthday celebration in Las Vegas is January….believe me, I will keep you posted – then again, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!)