I am a very, very small fish (think Nemo – “lucky fin” and all) in a very large pond. I am new to the blogging world – less than a year – and I certainly don’t claim to be all that good at it. I have tons to learn and tons of other bloggers to help me learn. I will say this, though: I speak from the heart through my words and ever since I was young, I wanted to be a writer. Now, I feel like I am one. I am living my dream.
The first “official” book with my name as the author was Space Meets Earth, which I wrote in third grade. Check out the cover below. (P.S. – Do you like my bio? What part do you like best – my stylin’ hair cut, that rockin’ shirt, or that fact that I included “hook rug” as one of my favorite hobbies?)
Now, as an adult, I have a new cover to reveal. I am going to be part of Clash of the Couples, a new anthology – coming out Nov. 3, 2014 – featuring a collection of essays written by both big and little fish from the blogging pond on the topics of bickering, disagreements and relationship differences of opinion (READS: funny arguments!). Check out THIS cover (which features much better art work than Space Meets Earth):
So, now you’ve seen the cover. But what’s going to be included in this sure-to-be-a-best-seller (fingers crossed) book? Please, read on.
Coupledom. Fact or fable, Adam and Eve birthed the perpetual relationship drama as seen on TV today. Despite the serpents, this couple HAD IT MADE. Luxury real estate, lush gardens, and privacy out the yin-yang. Life was glorious until the bare-bottomed babe could no longer resist temptation. Despite her better half’s warnings and threats to sleep in a tree, she tasted the forbidden fruit. One bite of that seductive, juicy contraband and the stage was set for eternity— a nibble that has blossomed into an endless supply of tiny tidbits that divide lovers to this day!
Taking a cue from the naked explorers of authentic sin, Clash of the Couples is a new anthology featuring a collection of completely absurd lovers’ squabbles and relationship spats. Think couples fight over kids, sex, and money? Think again! Furniture, the last beer, and where to store the placenta are what genuinely ignite our feuds. And no argument is off limits. This book has it all!
Inside you’ll find a gut-busting compilation of stories such as: “I Can’t Believe You Ate My Sandwich,” “Never Assume Anything,” “Only I Can Talk About Me,” and “You Want Some College Boobs?” from forty-three fearless writers. Prepare to laugh, roll your eyes, and shiver in suspense. While Eve may have had the first bite, we ate the whole tree. And made pies.
Published by Blue Lobster Book Co., Clash of the Couples launches loudly and obnoxiously on November 3, 2014. You’ll hear us coming, but look for it on Amazon, B&N, Apple, and other places where you typically buy books. For instant updates, follow along on Facebook!
Have I peaked your interest? I promise, it’s going to be a great book. I hope you are even the itsy-bitsy-teenie-weenie-bit excited to read it, because I can’t wait you to get your pretty little hands on it. I bet you won’t be able to put it down. But, if you need to make dinner for the family, bring the kids here, there and everywhere, or run to the wine store before it closes I totally understand – Clash of the Couples will be waiting for you when you get back.
As always, thank you for your support.
Here is the line-up of bloggers being featured in Clash of the Couples (if you get the chance, check them out!):
- Andrew S. Delfino of Almost Coherent Parent
- Crystal Ponti of MommiFried
- Camille DeFer Thompson of Camille DeFer Thompson
- Kimberly Morand of Anchor Magazine: Navigating Depression, Bipolar, and Anxiety
- Meredith Napolitano of From Meredith to Mommy
- Chris Dean of pixie.c.d.
- Linda Roy of elleroy was here
- Kevin Zelenka of Double Trouble Daddy
- Sarah Cottrell of Housewife Plus
- R.C. Liley of Going Dad
- Mary Widdicks of Outmanned
- Marie Bollman of Make Your Own Damn Dinner
- Ginny Marie of Lemon Drop Pie
- Mike Reynolds of Puzzling Posts
- THAT’S ME: → Leigh-Mary Hoffmann of Happily Ever Laughter Blog
- Lisa Petty of Lisa R. Petty
- Lynn Shattuck of The Light Will Find You
- Jeff Bogle of Out With The Kids
- Stacey Gustafson of Are You Kidding Me?
- Angela Godbout of FRaPS
- Courtney Conover of The Brown Girl with Long Hair
- Jenny Hills of Express Bus Mama
- Marcia Kester Doyle of Menopausal Mother
- Julia Arnold of Frantic Mama
- Jessica Azar of Herd Management
- Susan A. Black of I Like That
- Dave Lesser of Amateur Idiot Professional Dad
- Sarah del Rio of est. 1975
- Nicole R. Wildhood of Naught Be All Else
- Angela Keck of Writer Mom’s Blog
- Alexa Bigwarfe of No Holding Back
- Brian Sorrell of Dadding Full Time
- Kathryn Leehane of Foxy Wine Pocket
- April Grant of 100lb Countdown
- Bev Feldman of Linkouture
- Jodi Flaherty of The Noise of Boys
- Scott Rigdon of Three Five Zero
- Lydia Richmond of Cluttered Genius
- Allie Burdick of VITA – Train for Life
- Michelle Grewe of Crumpets and Bollocks
- Barb Godshalk of Co-Author of Tall Tales and Short Stories from South Jersey
- Jonathon Floyd of One Funny Daddy
- Amanda Mushro of Questionable Choices in Parenting
- Chris Carter of The Mom Cafe